How to Get Your Business and Employees Involved in Arizona Gives Day
Arizona is home to more than 20,000 nonprofits that provide services we rely on every day. Our nonprofits create safe places to learn, live and fulfill dreams. It's also important to remember nonprofits are more than "charity" - Arizona's nonprofits constitute a powerful, economic engine that employs more than 150,000 workers and generating more than $28 billion in revenues annually.
Arizona Gives Day was created to raise awareness, connect community members and increase financial support for Arizona's nonprofits. Below are some ways that your business can ensure a successful Arizona Gives Day.
Employee Giving (Landing Page or Fundraising Page)
Businesses of any size can participate in Arizona Gives Day by either creating an Employee Giving Landing Page or a Fundraising Page.
Employee Giving Landing Page:
- Create a unique landing page for your company and include your company's philanthropic message. You can direct employees to this landing page and encourage them to give on Arizona Gives Day and to any organization participating on AZGives.org. View Employee Giving Landing Page instructions here.
- When an employee donates to one or more organizations, at checkout they will simply select their company from the drop down menu and their gift will be included on your company's giving total. Visible on your landing page and under the Leaderboards tab on AZGives.org.
- Employee Giving will have six different size categories (1-10, 11-50, 51-150, 151-500, 501-1000, 1000+) and the company that raises the most in each size category will win a cash prize to donate to a nonprofit of their choice.
- Adopt a participating nonprofit for your organization to give to and get the whole office involved. Create a group Fundraising Page on AZGives.org by going to Donate > Nonprofits. Then select the nonprofit organization your team would like to support by selecting the orange "Create Fundraising Page" located on the right side of the page. Follow the prompts to set-up your customized page.
- All donations will automatically be tied to the nonprofit organization's total giving.
- Fundraising pages will be eligible for random drawings and allow the nonprofit organization to potentially receive an additional cash prize.
Show your support for Arizona Gives Day as an official Sponsor. A variety of sponsorship levels are available starting at $2,500 and can be further customized as needed.
If you or your organization has an interest in joining the many others who have helped us raise more than $13.4 million for Arizona's nonprofit community since 2013, please contact Jennifer Purcell, Director of Community Engagement at the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits.
Advertising (Paid & In-Kind)
If you are interested in providing in-kind advertising to assist us with spreading the word about Arizona Gives Day or paid advertising via email communication to nonprofits and/or donors, please contact Jennifer Purcell, Director of Community Engagement at the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits.
Arizona Gives Day has designated communication that goes to nonprofits and donors. Banner ads will be included in scheduled emails with relevant Arizona Gives-related information. The rates below are based on 1 banner ad.
- Banner Ad - Email to Arizona Gives Nonprofit Contacts - $500 (Reach: 4,500 subscribers)
- Banner Ad - Email to Arizona Gives Donors Contacts - $1,500 (Reach: 40,000+ subscribers)
Donated / In-Kind Advertising:
- Donate advertising space (digital, print, radio, tv, outdoor) or designate one of your paid ads within your media buy to help us promote Arizona Gives Day. (Creative available upon request.)
- Prominently display the 2019 Arizona Gives Day Logo on your outdoor reader or public space between March 19 and April 2, 2019.
Social Media & Communication
- Like us on facebook.com/ArizonaGivesDay and post about Arizona Gives Day 2019 before and on April 2.
- Follow us on twitter.com/azgives and post about Arizona Gives Day 2019 before and on April 2.
Between March 1 and April 2, 2019, encourage your employees and customers to participate - through your e-newsletter, website, social media and email marketing. Feel free to use the following resources:
- Social Graphics - Invest In Arizona - Facebook (For Business/Media Use Only)
- Social Graphics - Invest In Arizona - Twitter (For Business/Media Use Only)
- Social Graphics - Invest In Arizona - Instagram (For Business/Media Use Only)
- 2019 Arizona Gives Day Logos (For Business/Media Use Only)
Place posters in your store or office to drive awareness between March 20 and April 3, 2018. (Note: Using Safari will cause these poster files to open in your browser. You can right click on them to complete your download.) Business Toolkit Coming Soon!
- Flyer / Poster - 8.5 x 11 - Print From Office (For Business/Media Use Only)
- Flyer / Poster - 8.5 x 11 - Send To Printer (For Business/Media Use Only)
- Poster - 11x17 - Print From Office (For Business/Media Use Only)
- Poster - 11x17 - Send To Printer (For Business/Media Use Only)
Provide a "matching" campaign gift of your chosen amount to a participating nonprofit 2-4 weeks prior to the start of Arizona Gives Day. It's a great way to get a "shout out" from the nonprofit to its social media followers and donors while making a significant impact for an organization.
Discounts & Donations
- Offer a discount on your products or services to customers who show a receipt confirming they gave to AZGives.org.
- Host a party or event and encourage your attendees to give. Donors can also schedule their online gifts in advance.
Articles for Businesses
- Why Supporting Charity is a Boost for Business
- 3 Ways to Show Your Support for Arizona Gives Day
- 3 Ways Philanthropists Can Make a Difference on Arizona Gives Day
- One Big Tax Law Advantage for Arizona Gives Day
- Q&A: A Closer Look at Where Donations Go on the Big Day
Join us in supporting the nonprofit sector and community by creating a successful Arizona Gives Day 2019. It's easy and fun!
Questions? Email Jennifer Purcell, Director of Community Engagement, Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits