Local First Arizona Foundation
Local First Arizona Foundation is building opportunity in Arizona. Our vision is an Arizona economy that is sustainable, resilient, and celebratory of diverse cultures. To achieve this vision, the Local First Arizona Foundation focuses on a wide range of strategic initiatives that target systems of inequity and build prosperity for all Arizonans.
More About Us
At the Local First Arizona Foundation, we create innovative programs to build a more diverse and resilient Arizona economy. We believe in leveraging our existing assets in order to build opportunity for all. In our work, we connect our small towns to opportunities, we improve success rates for under-served entrepreneurs so they can build self-reliance and community wealth, and we support food producers to increase connectivity between Arizona's farms and its residents.
The Foundation works on broader economic development issues, implementing new tools and programs that redefine Arizona's assets and create sweeping changes that increase opportunities for all Arizonans. We know that Arizona's economy succeeds when everyone has opportunities to lead healthy and productive lives.
What We Do:
- POWERING ARIZONA'S ENTREPRENEURS: Fuerza Local is a six-month Business Accelerator program designed to teach underserved Latino business owners the multiple facets of building a sustainable and prosperous future through entrepreneurship.
- CELEBRATING ARIZONA'S HOMEGROWN FOODS: We work to build healthy food systems by working directly with the producers and growers as well as by educating consumers about the importance of buying local foods and where to find them.
- GROWING ARIZONA'S SMALL TOWN ECONOMIES: We grow Arizona's small-town economies by working directly with businesses, leaders, and organizations within these communities to create unique solutions that result in widespread prosperity.
No matter how much you are able to give, your Arizona Gives Day investment can help us grow our programs that are building prosperity and self-reliance in communities across Arizona. Here are just a few ways your dollars can make an impact:
- Your gift of $50 provides training for an Arizona farmer to safely sell produce to a local elementary school cafeteria.
- Your gift of $100 provides a Fuerza Local Business Accelerator student with a refurbished laptop equipped with QuickBooks, Excel, and other tools to build a successful small business.
- Your gift of $200 funds a community meeting in rural Arizona to remove barriers to purchasing healthy local foods.
- Your gift of $500 helps bring Science Happens Here, a science, engineering math, and technology (S.T.E.M.) enrichment program, to a rural community.
- Your gift of $1,000 will match a Fuerza Local Business Accelerator graduate's grant that will be used to invest into the business and help further develop the company.
407 E. Roosevelt
Phoenix, AZ 85004
|AZ State Tax Credit Info:||No Arizona Tax Credit|
|Service Areas:||Yuma, Yavapai, Santa Cruz, Pima, Pinal, Navajo, Mohave, Maricopa, La Paz, Greenlee, Graham, Gila, Coconino, Cochise, Apache|
"The Arizona Rural Policy Forum held in Pinetop-Lakeside was the best, most useful and locally beneficial Arizona Rural Policy Forum I've attended… It was an outstanding demonstration of how working together, shouldering the burden with others makes such a positive difference." - Ákos Kovach, Greenlee County
"We are based in 'extreme rural' Arizona so not only does Farmer+Chef give us the opportunity to make important new connections in the Arizona local food community, but we also get the chance to get face time with some of the customers we otherwise would only chat with on the phone or by text the rest of the year. It is the outstanding Arizona food community gathering event of the year and we look forward to continuing to grow with it." - David Heininger, Black Mesa Ranch, Snowflake, Arizona